I started my monthly budget posts this year in an effort to both hold myself accountable and to be transparent with my readers. I like the visual of seeing where my money is going every month – it helps me to identify what I am missing and what I’m buying too much of. I also want my readers to be aware of what I’m buying, why I make certain purchases, and how I find good deals. To see previous budget posts, click here – or you can always click on “monthly budget series” in my menu bar.
This month was all about cold-weather neutrals, and I managed to stay under budget!
1. Tahari hart pump via DSW: $41.96 – I got these off the clearance rack at DSW (warning: they are showing as full price online). I needed some new closed-toe black heels for work, and these are super comfortable! I love the Mary Jane style, so I couldn’t resist these.
2. Target houndstooth hat: $12.99 – I am definitely not a hat person, but I tried this on in the store and a random lady walking by me told me it was cute. Ya’ll know I love houndstooth, so I decided to go for it. I was surprised by how much I wore it during my road trip last week, and you’ll be seeing it on the blog tomorrow!
3. Francesca’s New Brunswick Jacquard Coat: $48.00 – (Original price $98, bought with $50 gift card) I went to a blogger party at Francesca’s a couple weeks ago and couldn’t resist this adorable coat! The sales girl told me that it’s very Jackie O., so obviously, I had to buy it. Are you sensing a theme here? I am very persuaded by strangers.
4. Target cardigan with beaded neck: $15.00 – A girl can never have too many cardigans or too many embellishments. Plus, there was a 40% off sale on sweaters!
5. Target chevron pullover sweater: $15.00 – Another sweater sale purchase at Target. I can count on one hand how many sweaters I own, so this was a practical yet adorable choice.
6. Tinley Road vegan leather jacket via Piperlime: $38.99 – (sold out) I got this during a Piperlime sale at the beginning of the month. Blush is the “it” color right now, and I love how cute this looks with my party dresses.
7. (Not pictured) I also spent about $15 on a couple of midi rings at Nordstrom that are no longer available online.
Monthly budget: $200.00 / Grand total: $186.94
Today I’m linking up with Fran for her budgeting bloggers series. Head on over and see how everyone else did on their budgets!