I started my monthly budget posts last year in an effort to both hold myself accountable and to be transparent with my readers. I like the visual of seeing where my money is going every month – it helps me to identify what I am missing and what I’m buying too much of. I also want my readers to be aware of what I’m buying, why I make certain purchases, and how I find good deals. To see previous budget posts, click here – or you can always click on “monthly budget series” in my menu bar.
After totally dominating my June budget, I fell off the wagon again. Sigh! Luckily I didn’t go too far over budget this month. It never fails that when I go on a vacation I spend extra! I always want to buy new things for a trip and then I also end up buying while on trips. Will someone remind me next time I go somewhere to practice a little more self restraint? Thanks. Much appreciated.
1. Anthropologie Veris Dress: $39.95 – I love Anthro but I always have a hard time finding gems on their sale racks. Not this time! This dress is just really easy and comfortable to wear, and I’m looking forward to styling it this fall.
2. d.RA Rosie Top via Piperlime: $24.48 – Honestly, this is not the best purchase I’ve ever made, and I could have done without it. I love the pink embroidery and the easy fit, but the fabric is just so wrinkly! It doesn’t matter how much time I spend on ironing because it just wrinkles again after wearing it for five minutes. I’ll still wear it in the future, but I’ll be sure to avoid mirrors on those days so I don’t drive myself bananas. Learn from my mistakes, people! Ain’t nobody got time to iron!
3. Anthropologie Lunation Tee: $29.95 – Now this is an easy breezy top done right! I hardly ever buy basics, but this is essentially just a plain t-shirt that happens to have a cute detail on the back. What can I say? Even my basics are fancy.
4. Kris Nations City Pride Necklace: $40.80 – This was the first purchase I made in July, and I’ve worn it a ton since then! We actually were visiting HMNS one lazy weekend as a way to keep the kiddo entertained, and I happened upon this necklace in the gift shop. It’s very Carrie Bradshaw, but also kind of screams “I’m in love with my city and I don’t care who knows it!” (which is true).
5. The Limited Striped Bow Back Top: $23.97 – This was an Albuquerque purchase during a mall trip. Do I even need to explain why I bought it?
6. New Look Ballerina Skirt via Asos: $19.05 – Skirts are typically way too short on me, so I took a risk in ordering this one. I do think it’s too short for work, but I like it for the weekends. With the summer heat, it’s nice to have options other than shorts.
7. Target Knit Tank Dress: $19.99 – This was another Albuquerque purchase, which I’ve already worn three times! Casual dresses that don’t require strapless bras are typically on repeat in the summers.
8. JCPenney Denim Shorts: $21.99 – These were a pre-vacation purchase when I realized I had no denim shorts that fit me right. I’ve worn these literally every weekend since then, so I think it’s safe to say they were a smart buy!
9. French Connection Hallie Sandal (black/white version): $27.98 – I still can’t believe I got these sandals for such a steal! Sadly, the black & white version is sold out on Piperlime, but I can’t recommend these sandals enough! They’re comfortable, great quality, and super versatile.
Monthly budget: $200.00 / Grand total: $248.16
Today I’m linking up with Fran for her budgeting bloggers series. Head on over and see how everyone else did on their budgets!