I started my monthly budget posts last year in an effort to both hold myself accountable and to be transparent with my readers. I like the visual of seeing where my money is going every month – it helps me to identify what I am missing and what I’m buying too much of. I also want my readers to be aware of what I’m buying, why I make certain purchases, and how I find good deals. To see previous budget posts, click here – or you can always click on “monthly budget series” in my menu bar.
I’ve been way too busy to shop lately, which has worked out perfectly for my bank account! I made a large Gap/BR/ON purchase early in November during a big sale, and I bought a couple of vintage items during a trip. I suspect that I won’t buy a lot in December either since I need to use my money towards gifts. I am on the hunt for a perfect birthday dress, and I may invest in some more jeans or sweaters for our upcoming trip to New Mexico. Other than that, I am going to try my hardest to minimize my spending on me this month!
1. Gap 1969 Super Stretch Legging Jeans: $45.46 (on sale) – I was desperate for some new black stretchy jeans because my old pair had faded so much that they looked awful. I almost never order pants online, but since these are more like leggings than pants, I figured it would be fine. Luckily they fit, but I do have to say that wearing them for many hours causes them to stretch too much and get really loose in the waist. I wish I had known that before I wore them so long! I probably could have used a size down, but overall they fit my needs and I will continue to wear them.
2. Banana Republic Gemma Diamond Print Wrap Dress: $63.00 (on sale) – This dress may be my favorite thing I’ve purchased all year! The fit is perfect, the wrap style is very flattering on my body type, and the graphic print is unique without being too loud. The dress is definitely low cut in the front, but I just wear a camisole underneath when I go to work. I am seriously considering buying this dress in more colors/prints because I love it so much!
3. Gap velvet polka dot tights: $10.46 (on sale) – These tights were a total impulse purchase. I couldn’t resist the cute polka dots! If it ever gets cold enough I’ll wear these on the blog for y’all to see.
4. Old Navy leopard print tech gloves: $4.55 (on sale) – I didn’t own any tech gloves before, and it’s been so frustrating to not be able to use my phone when I have regular gloves on. I wear gloves so rarely that I just never bought any, but I figured I could swing this purchase for under five bucks. These will definitely come in handy when we’re in New Mexico in a few weeks!
5. Vintage polka dot scarf: $4.00 – This was a Georgetown purchase from our trip last month, and you can see me wearing the scarf has a headband in this post.
6. Vintage telephone brooch: $15.00 – I can’t wait to wear this on the blog…stay tuned!
Monthly budget: $200.00 / Grand total: $142.47
Today I’m linking up with Fran for her budgeting bloggers series. Head on over and see how everyone else did on their budgets!