I started my monthly budget posts last year in an effort to both hold myself accountable and to be transparent with my readers. I like the visual of seeing where my money is going every month – it helps me to identify what I am missing and what I’m buying too much of. I also want my readers to be aware of what I’m buying, why I make certain purchases, and how I find good deals. To see previous budget posts, click here – or you can always click on “monthly budget series” in my menu bar.
I made very few purchases in February, but I spent a little more on a couple of items than I would normally spend. I did end up going a little over budget, but I’ve been under budget the past couple of months so I don’t really feel guilty about it. I am, however, vowing to focus more on basics in March – I am currently on the hunt for navy pencil pants and a perfect black blazer. Wish me luck!
1. ShoeDazzle Charlotte heels: $0 – Ok so, I didn’t actually pay anything for these (I used a gift card), but the collage looked better with them in it (#bloggerproblems). Anyway, I added them to my closet in February and I am totally in love with them!
2. Loft zebra print cardigan: $24.88 – I bought this cardigan while in San Diego because it ended up being colder than I thought it would be. You can never have enough cardigans anyway, right?
3. Darling Fifi dress: $88.00 – Another purchase while in San Diego that I bought at Dolcetti boutique. This dress was definitely a bit of a splurge for me, but I fully intend to love it for many years! PS – the dress is on major sale right now if you want one for yourself!
4. Stella and Dot Cheryl drop earrings: $39.00 – I hosted a Stella and Dot trunk show for the first time and had a blast! I picked up a couple of new items at the party and will be purchasing more items soon with my hostess credit. I love these earrings – the are both girly and edgy at the same time!
5. Stella and Dot mariposa scarf: $29.50 – I fell in love with this print instantly! It’s an abstract-style butterfly print and the colors are just gorgeous.
6. Stella and Dot haven ring: $49.00 – This ring is absolutely stunning in person. This is definitely a bit more than I would normally spend on a ring but I had to have it!
Monthly budget: $200.00 / Grand total: $230.38
Today I’m linking up with Fran for her budgeting bloggers series. Head on over and see how everyone else did on their budgets!